Tuesday, April 26, 2011

AdvoCare's 24-Day Challenge... Part 1, The 10-Day Cleanse

Since this post did not work on my facebook page, I thought I'd post it here and see if it worked better.

Hello Friends and Family...

As some of you may know I started the 24-Day Challenge 7 days ago. My objective was and is, to manage my health (not that I have any pending issues that I'm aware of), gain more energy, become more mentally alert, and of course, shed some pounds. Not that I am (or was) a couch potato to begin with. I'm just the typical stay-at-home-mom whose feet hit the floor in the morning and keep going until I fall into bed, exhausted, at night. About the only time I actually sit during the day is when I'm driving my teens to and from school or a grocery run. I also felt that I ate pretty healthy, for the most part, as well, covering all the basic food groups. This cleanse has poven otherwise and has made me "re-think" my relationship with food. Now, don't get me wrong, or go into panic mode... I STILL love to cook! And, I still have a love for food. I just may do some things differently in the future, that's all. My point is, most days I felt I had "foggy head", even after two and three cups of coffee in the mornings. By mid-afternoon I sometimes needed another boost of caffeine (either a COKE or a Micky D's coffee). And overall, I just felt bloated and sluggish and mentally tired. I needed to change something, and after learning about the 24-Day Challenge, I knew that's what I needed to do.

The first 10 days is the "Cleanse Phase"... and yes, it's been trying and down right difficult at times. And, I cannot lie... Yes, I have cheated, slipped up, got off track, and blew it a few times. But it's ok. I'm not beating myself up or throwing in the towel just yet (that's one things I like about myself ;)). One of the best things about this program is, it gives you an 80/20 rule... and that is "Shoot to be 80% compliant with the eating plan so that you get the results you want". It's not super strict and that's why I've been able to "forgive" myself and keep going. However, I have had to discipline myself and have a strong will power to succeed at times. And yes, I have been hungry, even starving, at times... but I found, it was when I hadn't eaten in a while. I have actually been keeping a food log and have been amazed at how much food I have eaten... even kinda grossed out. ;)But like I updated today as my status, being on the 24-Day Challenge (and only for 7 days), I have increased energy (with out feeling jittery), I feel more mentally sound and awake, and best of all, I have lost inches. I don't have a scale in mi casa because I feel you can get too caught up on weighing a certain number. Every body is different, and for me, it's mostly about how I look and feel. I do, however, own a sewing tape measure (I think that's what it's called) and I took my measurements on the first day. Here's what they were...
~ Bust: 41 inches
~ Waist: 35.5"
~ Hips: 39"
~ Thighs: 25.5"

And here is what the tape measure says today, day 7...
~ Bust: 41" (damn!)
~ Waist: 33"
~ Hips: 38"
~ Thighs: 24.5"

And, I ain't lyin'! 'Cause if I lie I break out in hives... and I hate hives! ;)

So, for everyone that is interested, here is a link to two short videos explaining what it is and how it all works.

And here are the instruction and eating guidlines for The 10-Day Cleanse and The Max Phase, days 11-24 for the 24-Day Challenge.

If you have any questions or are interested in doing the 24-Day Challenge, just message me... It is changing my life!
I will be sharing more soon... A yummy veggie soup recipe and maybe even a few pictures.  Maybe.
Peace, Love and Good Health!
Rolo

No comments: