Monday, August 11, 2008

super duper...

The Summer Olympics have begun. And to be honest, I've never really been THAT interested in watching them. I'm just not an athletic kind of person, nor have I ever been that interested in watching sports. It's just never been the type of thing that excites me... except, of course, if it's one of my kiddos I'm watching play a sport, compete in race, or twirl around in her tu-tu.
Now, don't get me wrong here, I do have some selected favorites that I remember watching and enjoying as a kid. And if I happen to catch them on, I'll sit and watch. And I must say that I got all teary-eyed the other night watching Michael Phelps win in swimming.


Another fond memory from all those summers long ago was drinking this stuff. How exciting it was for me to race into the kitchen, hot and thirsty from an intense game of hide-n-seek or kick ball with the neighborhood kids, to find my granddaddy shaking up a gallon of his Super Duper. Oh yummy! Pure refreshment I tell ya... Just what a kid needs on a hot summer day to recharge her batteries. After gulping a tall glass of Super Duper over ice you'll feel like an Olympian yourself and will charge back into the game.

I can't tell you how to make the stuff, as it's a family secret (but I'm sure if you put your thinking cap on it'll come to ya). But what I can tell you is it comes in many flavors (like grape, cherry, orange, and berry blue) and if you mix it up in an old gallon jug and call it "Super Duper" it'll totally refresh you, put a smile on your face, and make you and your kiddos feel super duper. It will totally "aid" in "kooling" you off on these hot summer days! hee hee hee...

Now, go grab a cool glass of Super Duper, pop some popcorn, sit back, and watch your favorite Olympic game!

xo
Ralonda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wonder what it would taste like if I added some tequilla? gah...now I want some Super Duper!