Thursday, April 23, 2009

shrimp & photography...

I've had my Canon Rebel camera for a little over a year.
And I'm just now "getting into" photography.
When I say, "getting into" I mean, learning about the ISO,
various lenses, shooting without flash, etc.
And shooting in low light situations without using the flash
totally has me stumped. I'm terrible at it.
In all my free time (now there's a joke for ya... ha ha ha, hee hee, ho ho,
ha ha ha, *clears throat*... ok I'm done... that was funny!),
when I'm not posting here, or... um... chatting with friends on
facebook I'm trying to teach myself photography.

Here is a picture of some Spicy Shrimp I took
a couple of weeks ago... It was SO good!
And yes, I'm gonna share the recipe!

Anyway, this picture was taken with the flash.


And this one was taken without the flash.
There was no natural sunlight streaming in
because it was... well... night time!

See, I'm not only funny, I'm smart too!


Here's another one using the "auto" setting on my
camera dial and it decided for me to use the flash.

I generally prefer "natural light" photography...
but in this case, I like seeing all the color of the food.


See, this picture does nothing for me.
Yeah, I definitely prefer the flash sometimes.

Now add shrimp to your weekend grocery shopping list
and make this this weekend!

*Spicy Shrimp*

Shrimp
Olive Oil
Tabasco
Worcestershire Sauce
Lemons
Salt & Pepper
Butter

1. Rinse and remove the shells and tails from the shrimp.
2. Place shrimp on large baking pan in single layer.
3. Drizzle about 1/2 cup olive oil over the little suckers.
4. Generously sprinkle black pepper over... be very generous!
5. Now for some salt.
6. Squeeze the juice of about 3 to 4 lemons over them.
7. Now generously drizzle Worcestershire sauce all over 'em...
about 1/4 to 1/2 cup.
8. Now for the Tabasco... some like it hot, so do what you like!
9. Now, grab your stick of butter, cut pats and place all over the shrimp.
10. Place under your broiler for about 10 minutes.

*You could also grill the hot lil' suckers and I'm sure they would be fabulous too!

Serve with rice and veggies... YUM!


Enjoy!
xo
Ralonda

1 comment:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

you're right about the shrimp, great minds do run together! Tehy look really good! Try them like this on the grill too!