Friday, August 28, 2009

lots of lemonade and the big four-O...

I turn 40 today.

And it seems like I've been "makin' lemonade" my whole life...

With this summer as no exception.

Except for one thing...


I finally got smart and started adding a little vodka!



*Vodka Lemonade*

5 whole lemons
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
Vodka
Club Soda

~Peel large sections of lemon peel from the lemons
until you have about 8 large sections.
~In a sauce pot, bring the sugar, water and lemon peels
to a boil until the sugar is dissolved.
~Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
~When cool, strain and discard the lemon peel.
~Cut each of the lemons in half (the same ones that we peeled)
and squeeze the juice (minus the seeds) into the lemon syrup.

*To make the cocktail...*
~Put ice in your favorite glass.
~Add an ounce of vodka... or a bit more!

~Fill with the lemonade syrup.
~Add a splash of Club Soda.
~Garnish w/ a lemon wedge.
Enjoy!

Happy Birthday to me...
It's been a hell of a summer!
xo
Ralonda

3 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Happy Birthday! This is one of my favorite summertime drinks!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

P.S. you've been missed!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. I love you.