Friday, March 12, 2010

beer-battered fish...

Got a craving for fish and chips?
Here's an easy and delicious one for ya!

The batter really surprised me... It grabbed onto the fish
and held on, tight, throughout the frying process.
I don't know about you, but I've never had very good luck
with batter, when it comes to frying... it'll fall apart or
become a sticky mess in the pan. And who wants that?

It was crispy without being too heavy.
And the flavor... oh, the flavor was juuuust right!

Here's how you make it... oh, by the way, I didn't
take step by step photos of this dish because it happened
to be one of those rushed evenings trying to get
dinner on the table and I didn't have time to grab my camera.
So sorry.

This is what you'll need...

6 pieces of Haddock, Pollock, Cod, or any white fish...
I used cod.
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. milk
12 oz. beer, your favorite will work...
I used Shiner Bock
1 1/2 c canola oil

~Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
~Add the milk and 1/4 of the beer, stir.
~Stir in more of the beer until you have your desired consistency...
You want it to be like a pancake batter.
~Heat the oil in a skillet while the batter "rests" for a few...
you know the oil is ready when you drop a tiny bit of the
batter in and it sizzles and floats to the top.
~Dredge the fish in the batter and place in the oil.
~Fry until a golden brown on both sides.
~Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate before serving.

Enjoy!
xo
Rolo

No comments: