Wednesday, March 11, 2009

parmesan oven fried zucchini...

Hello friends...
I realized it's been almost two weeks since my last post.
I bet you were wondering where I got off to.
Well, no where in particular really... I wish that were the case.
Time just flies, or rather the days just sort of run into each other,
when you're severely sleep deprived.
Anyway, I've got a few posts up my sleeve...
lets ignore the laundry and hope baby Jude cooperates
long enough for me to share.
This here is what I call, Parmesan Oven Fried Zucchini...

If you have zucchini lovers in your house, then you, like me,
are always trying to find new ways to cook it up.


I came up with this last week... and it was delicious.

I also came across this dipping sauce and thought it would be fun.

And it was!

Parmesan Oven Fried Zucchini

2 to 3 zucchini, halved and cut into slices
1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

~Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

~Mix together in a shallow dish the salt, breadcrumbs,
Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper.

~Coat the zucchini with the olive oil then with the breadcrumb mixture.

~Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.


Apricot Dipping Sauce


1/4 c. Apricot jelly or preserves
1 tablespoon water
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Dash Tabasco sauce

~Mix together all ingredients in a dipping bowl.


Enjoy!

Be back soon... promise!

xo
Ralonda

4 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm always trying to get my kids to eat more veggies. I think this recipe would be a hit! Thanks!

Jen said...

Yum!!!!! You are so creative, girlie!

Katherine Aucoin said...

This looks great Ralonda! Wonderful addition to any meal.

alicia said...

mmmm....I love zuchini!! I'm gonna try this one!!