Monday, April 5, 2010

amy's slow cooker chicken tacos...

Good Monday morning!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Happy Easter.

If you're like me, you woke up this morning after a day
of baking, cooking, visiting, egg hunting and just plain ol' celebrating,
to what looks like a tornado just plowed through your house.
Well, if you did, that's just a sign that your holiday was a great one!

However, waking up to that kind of madness, on a Monday
morning no less, is no fun.
It makes me want to have a slice of leftover carrot cake with
my coffee and go back to bed.

But I can't. I must forge ahead.
And "ahead" also means thinking about what's for dinner.
*Insert scratching head and squinting eyes*... hmmmmmm,
who wants to think about THAT right now?!

With a quick look in the freezer, I discovered I had some
frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts... hmmm
With a quick glance in the pantry, I found a can of diced
tomatoes, a can of green chilies and some taco seasoning
!
Voila! I can make Amy's Slow Cooker Chicken Taco's!
Problem solved! Amen!

That's all you'll need for the main stuff...
toppings like, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream and
maybe a side of rice and/or black beans are optional.



Just throw the chicken (yes, even frozen!), tomatoes, green
chilies and taco seasoning (mixed with 3/4 c. of water of course)
in your slow cooker. Set it on low, put the lid on and walk away!



Super easy! And super yummy!

The chicken literally just falls apart.


Here's mine topped with the good stuff!
Yum!

Enjoy!


Hope you glide through your Monday!
Rolo

1 comment:

Ms. Amy said...

Hooray! I'm famous <3