Wednesday, April 7, 2010

tilapia & mushrooms in a mustard cream sauce...

I've been on a mustard kick lately.
Dijon Mustard... oh yes!
Have you ever just eaten french bread dipped in Dijon Mustard?
No? Well, then I'm here to tell you you're missing out!
Just try it, that's all I'm saying.

Ok, so, yesterday I was saying to myself, "what's for dinner".
I went searching and came across this delightful recipe
(which I changed up a bit to my likin')... and... OH. MY.
Was it ever delicious.
If you're a tilapia lover, a mushroom lover and a mustard lover
then, you'll love THIS too!

Here's what you'll need...

~4 to 6 Tilapia fillets
~Thyme
~Salt
~Fresh Ground Pepper
~Chicken broth
~White wine (optional)
~8 oz. thinly sliced mushrooms
~Cream
~Dijon Mustard

Start with 4 (if big) to 6 (if on the smaller side) Tilapia.
Coat them generously with Thyme, salt and pepper...


On both sides.


Warm up a little olive oil in your pan.
Check out my pan... I'd say it's been used a time or two wouldn't you?

Cook on both side for about a minute.

Now... pour in about 3/4 cup chicken broth... or about 1 1/4 cup
if you're not using wine.


However, if you're a wine drinker and love to cook with it, like me,
then here's where you'd pour in a generous 3/4 cup of white wine.
OR, you could skip the chicken broth altogether and just use the white wine!
Oh yeah, baby!
Then, bring to a boil.

After it comes to a boil, add the mushrooms.


About 2 to 3 tablespoons cream.

And finally, about 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of Dijon Mustard.
YUM.

Give a little stir so everyone can play nicely together.
Bring back to a boil and simmer a couple of minutes.

Serve with rice or risotto and roasted asparagus.

Yum, yum, yum.

So good.
So easy.
So light.

What more could you want?

Enjoy!
Much Love,
Rolo

No comments: