Wednesday, April 21, 2010

tarragon chicken salad...

Are you a chicken salad lover?
I am.
I love chicken salad... especially homemade chicken salad.
Especially for lunch
Yum.


I actually made it two ways...
Well, I made it *one* way, then divided it, and added
a couple of more things to one half.
The one on the right has Dijon mustard and onions
added to it.
They we're both equally delicious... yum.


A "certain someone" followed me out on the deck
and stalked my lunch.


Seriously Buzz?
Don't be givin' me the stink eye.
You're not getting any of my chicken salad.
Shoo!


It's super easy to make.
Here's what you'll need.

~2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped... I used a rotisserie chicken
~1/2 cup Mayonnaise
~1/3 cup sour cream
~1 Tablespoon Dried Tarragon
~1/2 teaspoon salt
~1/2 teaspoon pepper
~2 stalks celery, chopped
~1/2 cup red grapes, halved

~1/4 cup onion, chopped... optional
~1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard... optional
~1/4 cup chopped pecans... optional

Whisk the mayo, sour cream, dried tarragon, salt, and pepper

(and Dijon mustard, if you're adding it) together in a bowl.
In another bowl, stir together the chicken, celery,
(onions & pecans,if adding them) and grapes.
Pour the mayo mixture over the chicken and mix well.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
This will allow the Tarragon flavor to intensify.
Yum. Yum. Yum.

Serve on top of your favorite whole wheat toast or salad.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go fight a
"certain someone" for my lunch.

Peace out.
Rolo

No comments: