Wednesday, September 22, 2010

creamy, dreamy box mac & cheese...

I can say I never make box mac & cheese according to package directions.

Yes, I live on the edge.
I'm just keepin' it real here.

Hey, when you can't count (see previous blog post...
I'm too embarrassed to share the link here),
you might as well eat... and eat good. Right? I agree.

Here's what I do...

~ Cook pasta according to package directions.
~ Drain. Put back in pot.
~ Add 2 tablespoons butter.
~ 4 ounces cream cheese.
~ 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream.
~ A splash of milk.
~ Seasoned salt... to taste.
~ The packet of powdered cheese...
by the way, what the heck is that?
~ And sometimes I'll add extra cheese...
when I'm feeling extra risky.
~ Stir until well blended.
~ Eat.
~ Moan.

That's it!

Makes for a yummy side dish, after school snack or a Saturday lunch.

rolo

No comments: