Thursday, January 6, 2011

tex-mex beer chili...

*slurp*, *slurrrrrrp*
Oh, hello... please excuse me while I lick my bowl.
I'm sorry.
I just can't help myself.
This stuff ranks up there with finger-lickin' good.

By the way, Happy New Year!


Here, I served it over homemade tamales.
My good friend, Amy, hand made tamales
over the New Year holiday and brought me some.
My, oh my were they yummy... she came later and
we made them together at my casa. More on that later.

Today I want to share this chili.
I want you to make this chili.
And I want you to slurp your bowl.

So, I'll stop talking now and tell you how to make it.
It's super easy...

~Tex-Mex Beer Chili~

2 lbs ground beef
1 can black beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1 can Shiner Bock beer
... or your favorite
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or more
1 tsp salt, to taste
1 small onion, chopped and sauteed
in butter until golden and soft
2 cloves of garlic, chopped and sauteed
with the onion.


~Cook ground beef in skillet... while cooking use a potato masher
to break apart the beef for a finer texture. Drain.
~Mix beef in a large pot with the black beans, tomatoes,
tomato sauce, water, and beer.
~Cook on med-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
~Add the chili powder, oregano, cayenne pepper (remember, you can more
if you like it fire breathing hot) and salt. Stir.
~Bring to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes.
~Add the sauteed onion and garlic.
~Simmer for about 20 minutes.

Serve it with crackers or cornbread.
Serve it over hot dogs or tamales.
I don't care how you serve it...
I just want you to make it and eat it!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a bowl to finish slurping.
rolo

No comments: