Tuesday, January 25, 2011

an old favorite...

My oldest homegirl is in the hood!
She brought her little family down from
my old home town of, Muncie, Indiana for
some warmth and sunshine.

Pretty much as soon as they arrived and all the family and
extended family got together, someone got the bug.
*Cuss* at the bug. The bug is from the devil.
One by one it has infected and brought them to their knees...
even my poor little baby boy. It seemed to strike at the babies first.
*Cuss* at the bug. The bug is from the devil.


In between rotating in and out of the bathroom, we have
managed to have a little fun. Here's my granddaughter, Avah
at the Fort Worth Stockyards. She's a lil' miss sassy pants.
But that's ok... just look at that face.


Here's baby Gavin. He's only 3 months old.
He's the sweetest, most laid back little man
I've ever met... except when you mess with feeding time.

I have a point here... I was going to tell you something other
than about my family. However, I could talk about them all day.
They make me happy.

Oh, I know... "an old favorite".
Although my homegirl, Megan is an old favorite, she's not
what I wanted to tell you about.
No, my second favorite thing to talk about is... FOOD!

With the bug still lingering about, and since we're full blown
into the winter season (even though it's 50 degrees and sunny
here in big D... sorry to my Hoosier friends and family), I thought
I'd make an old favorite for dinner tonight
and wanted to remind you how easy and yummy it is.


*Chicken Tortilla Soup*

1 rotisserie chicken, chicken removed
3 to 4 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1 can of Original Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Tortilla chips
Mexican blend shredded cheese
Sour cream... optional

~Combine
the first six ingredients in a medium-large pot,
over medium-high heat. Stir to combine.
~Bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
~Serve with the tortilla chips and cheese (and sour cream) sprinkled on top.

Enjoy friends.
Stay warm and stay away from the bug.
It's the devil.
rolo

No comments: