Monday, June 21, 2010

shrimp & pasta with roasted red pepper alfredo...

Are you a shrimp lover?
How 'bout a pasta lover?
What about a cream sauce with roasted red peppers lover?
*Raises hand* Oo, Oo, Ooo, Pick me, Pick me! I'm all of the above.
Are you? If yes, then you'll most definitely want to make this.

I made it last week, and let me tell you it was yum, yum, yummy.
It was so good. It was delicious. It was lip smackin'.
And, it was yummy. Did I say that already?
Just looking at the photo is making my mouth water... and my thighs ache.

Oh, and the best part was, it was super-de-duper easy...
because I used a jar sauce.

And now, I'm on a mission to recreate my own homemade version.

Here's all you do for the jar sauce version...

*Shrimp & Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo*

~
Saute about 2 pounds of shrimp in a little olive oil, butter
salt and pepper
... Right now (in my hood anyway) seafood prices
haven't skyrocketed yet because of the oil spill.
I felt lucky to find these beauties on sale.
~Cook 1 pound of angel hair pasta according to package directions, drain.
~Add 2 jars of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Sauce to the shrimp.
Bring to a simmer over medium to low heat for about 5 minutes...

Serve the shrimp and sauce over the pasta with some
fresh bread and watch it disappear... fast.

Make it soon... you'll be a hero.

Love,
rolo

2 comments:

alicia said...

Well, I don't care for shrimp or red peppers BUT ur pic totally made my mouth water!! Ur blog is kickin a double hockey sticks. love u!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks so good. I am a first time visitor to your blog, so I've spent some time reading through your earlier posts. I really like your recipes and I'll be back to see what else you've been cooking up. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary