Here's the recipe:
9 cups Chex cereal... any variety
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Put Chex in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Stir and microwave uncovered for a minute on high. Stir the mix again and continue to zap in 30 second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
3. Add the vanilla and stir.
4. Pour over the cereal while stirring.
5. Put in a gallon size ziploc bag.
6. Add powered sugar, SEAL the bag and shake until distributed.
7. Keep refrigerated in airtight container for storage.
I let Haley mix it up and instead of pouring the chocolate mixture over the cereal while still in the bowl, she put the cereal in the bag then, poured the chocolate mixture and the powered sugar in together. It clumped together on one side, but with a little effort she managed to coat most the of the cereal with chocolate... it was still edible.
Oh, and we also halved the recipe.
So, if you have lil' monkeys go make some today! They'll jump for joy!