Tuesday, September 2, 2008

time...

Last week marked the end of the lazy days of summer with the first day of school. Gone are the days of sleeping in and having no place to be. At least for the next nine or so months anyway.


Time is something I keep close track of during the school months... from the second I wake up until I snuggle in for the night and close my eyes. Well, and these days I'm even keeping close tabs on the hour and minute hands during the course of the night, as I'm waking up to pee often. I know, I know... probably a little too much information for ya, but hey, I'm just being honest here.

Back to last week... We tried to "practice" getting up early the week before, but it didn't really work so, we just jumped right in come early Monday morning. And it was rough, I tell ya, to say the least.

By Wednesday afternoon, I was walking around in a fog and didn't know if I was coming or going... but I was still keeping a close eye on the time.


The first day of school is always an exciting milestone no matter what grade your child is in. Excitement replaces grogginess come 7:00 AM the first day of school and everyone springs out of bed. I had three nutritious lunches (one for Haley, Jackson and Jon... JB requested a lunch for work that day) packed and labeled by 7:15 AM!


I always try to have something special and different for breakfast the first day of school. This year it was Monkey Bread to mark the occasion of the lil' monkeys going back to the zoo... err I mean school.

See how excited Haley was to dig in on her first day as a 7th grader.

There, that's better... a smile through the nervous nellies.


And this is what an 8th grader looks like... "Hi Jackson!"


So, after I got the kiddos all settled in... err I mean dropped off... it was time to head over to help my grown 20 year old daughter with her new apartment.


Her landlord was nice enough to let her paint herself... without going too crazy of course. She chose a neutral "tan" color for her living room.


Check out the antique bed we found on craigslist for a bargain.


We're still working on painting and getting her settled in this week. It's a slow process when she needs to work and make money to buy more stuff, not to mention, having a seven month pregnant mom who has to limit what she can do.


By Thursday it was time to celebrate my birthday. I won't tell you how old I am.


And this is the card my youngest daughter, Haley, made for me telling me how she feels... awww.


So, that's pretty much it. It was an eventful week and I'm glad it's over. Now it's time to settle in on the school schedule and focus on keeping track of the time.

Hope everyone is well.
xo
Ralonda

No comments: