Monday, January 5, 2009

a delicious mud mess...

When I was little I loved to play in the mud and make mud pies.
And I admit, I did have a taste or two.


This past weekend I made... well, attempted to make, Triple Layer Mud Pie,
to take to East Texas for a family gathering.

But mine didn't turn out quite like the picture!


Or even close.
And I wouldn't even be showing y'all my big mud mess,
except for the fact that it tasted so good.


Just try to imagine there's three layers there.

You see what happened was, I pretty much made it the night before
(except for the Cool Whip topping layer) we were to make a two hour drive.
And because of my extreme sleep deprivation, my good judgement failed to kick in
and warn me that assembling a chocolate pudding pie with Cool Whip after making a two hour drive in 75 degree weather probably wasn't the best idea in the world.

But it did taste good... and it WAS easy so, I thought I'd go ahead and share.


Triple Layer Mud Pie

~3 squares Bakers semi-sweet chocolate, melted
~1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
~1 Oreo pie crust
~1/2 cup chopped pecans
~2 cups cold milk
~2 pkgs. Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
~1 tub Cool Whip

1. Mix chocolate and condensed milk. Pour into pie crust. Sprinkle with nuts.
2. Beat milk and pudding with whisk 2 minutes. Spoon 1 1/2 cups over nuts.
Stir 1/2 the whipped topping into remaining pudding; spread over pudding layer in crust.
3. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Enjoy!
xo
Ralonda

4 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

Sounds like a delicious mess to me!

Jen said...

Yum, it doesn't matter how it looks, I can tell it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!!! Hope you're doing well. Maybe one day this week I can stop by and kiss that sweet baby??

Anonymous said...

Froget the mess I'm jealous that you have 75degree weather!! It's all of about 23 here.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I wouldn't mind a great big slice right now!