Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ranch style chicken...

OK, before you start salivating
(or cursing the day I was born),
just hear me out... I'll make it quick.


I begged for a new pan...
and finally got it.

And there's only one way to properly break in a pan like this.


Yes, that would be thick-cut peppered style, umm. bacon.


And this here would be what Pioneer Woman calls,
"Ranch Style Chicken".
And my taste-buds will never be the same... not to mention my thighs.


Oh, and let me say just one more thing... if you make this
for your man and he cleans his plate, then burps really loudly, slaps you on the bottom,
and exclaims, "that was damn good!", you know he'll love you forever.
*smile* *wink-wink*
Sorry Babe... but I HAD too.

Ranch Style Chicken

1. Mix together in a bowl...
1/2 c. Dijon Mustard
1/2 c. honey
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
A sprinkle of cayenne pepper

2. After pounding your six pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
with a mallet until it's of a uniform thickness, marinate it in the sauce for at least an hour.

3. Fry up your, umm, bacon. (Hey, don't hate me, hate P Dub!)

4. Reserve 1/4 c. of that "stuff mentioned in number 3" grease...
and then go ahead and clean your skillet.

5. Grab your chicken and pour off the excess marinade; heat half of the reserved
you know what grease with equal quantity of Canola Oil over medium-high to high heat.

6. When the grease is heated, add your chicken and sear it on both sides...
each side should cook about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

7. After each chicken breast is brown/blackish on each side,
remove and set on a baking sheet.

8. Put in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 10 minutes.

9. Remove from oven.

10. Place a couple of slices of bacon on top of each breast.

11. Sprinkle them with grated sharp cheddar cheese
(go ahead and take a few minutes to grate your own cheese... it's worth it).

12. Return to the oven until cheese is melted... about 3 minutes!

13. Devour immediately!







**Oh, one last thing... if you happen to be on a diet (and are still reading this, but hating
the day I first discovered PW), there's still hope. I mean, if I, myself were behaving (like I should be) and watching what passes through my kisser, this is what I would do...
Marinate the chicken in the sauce, grill it (omitting the "you know what" and cheese)
and enjoy it with a big green salad. The flavor of the chicken itself is just sooo good.
You must try it!

Peace,
Ralonda

2 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I like that you gave the option for the lower fat way to make it but I will probably try the fully loaded version.

Donna-FFW said...

I love your pan, I want one. I love the way your chicken looks and your humor is welcoming!! 5 stars!!