Monday, January 26, 2009

molassas cookies...

I made these last week.

They were so good (and simple to make)
that I made them two days in a row...
never mind the fact that the first batch
was gone quicker than it took me to make them!

Go ahead and make 'em... you'll be glad you did.


1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Crisco (vegetable shortening)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda


~Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
~Mix sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg together until well combined.
~Dump in dry ingredients, stirring dry ingredients together lightly.
~Mix together until dough is combined.
~Roll dough into walnut-sized balls, then generously coat each ball with sugar.
~Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes, allowing to bake for about a minute after cookies begin to crack.
~Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool…
though these are delicious while still warm.

Enjoy!
Ralonda

3 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I haven't had molassas cookies in a while. Yours look so tasty!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I haven't had these before. They look so easy to make. I will give them a try. Btw, I can't believe Jude is 2 months already. He's adorable!

sarahrcooper said...

Are you trying to torture me????