Wednesday, May 19, 2010

14 and her favorite pasta...

My baby girl turned 14 the other day.
Oh boy.
Oh boy, does time fly.


I can still see her twirling around in her tutu,
on stage at the Majestic, pointing to the other little
preschoolers to where they should be standing.
She was so bossy.
Still is.

Yep, that's my baby girl.

I still see her as my baby girl...
with her ear buds tucked in her ears,
applying mascara and straightening her hair,
with a social calendar fuller than the President's...
no joke!

Yep, she'll always be my baby girl.

And I hope all her wishes come true.

At the birthday girls request, I made a yummy dinner
and surprised her with her favorite pasta.
It's really simple and there is no recipe to follow.
Just throw some of this stuff in a bowl and chill it... then enjoy.

Here's what I used...

1 box bow tie pasta, cooked, drained and cooled.
Several Roma tomatoes, chopped
Fresh Basil, chopped
Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
Asiago Cheese, shredded
Olive Oil
Red Wine Vinegar
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Salt
Freshly ground pepper
Fresh Spinach

And here's what I did...

~Cook, drain and cool the pasta.
~Toss in a bowl.
~Throw in the tomatoes, basil and cheeses.
~Mix in the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
~Sprinkle in the garlic and onion powder.
~Add the salt and pepper.
~Give it a nice stir... or two, or three.
~Toss in the spinach.
~Stir again.
~Taste.
~Make adjustments.
~Taste again.
~Chill.
~Enjoy!

xo
Rolo

No comments: