Saturday, May 22, 2010

amy's chicken caesar pitas...

This is one of my best friends, Amy.
Now granted, today, she's all grown up... well, sort of.
I mean, she's a grown woman now. Not a little stinker,
hanging upside down on the monkey bars.
Although, I'm pretty positive that the "hanging-
upside-down-little-stinker" is still around in spirit on a daily basis.
I've witnessed it.

We've been friends since 1991... that's 19 years man! Oh wow!
It just doesn't seem possible that that much time has gone by.

Amy and I talk on a daily basis... sometimes, on any given day,
we've been known to have multiple phone conversations. For real.
We talk about everything.
Food, kids, husbands, food, photography, world events, food,
trendy clothes, what's on sale, food, home decorating,
food, exercise, food, and good ol' food... oh, and just life in general.
But food... now that's usually on the top of the list for me.

I love trying new recipes, and my gal, Amy, is the
queen of just making one up. I envy that about her.
I, on the other hand, must have a recipe to follow...
although, I will say, I'm getting better at making up my own.
It makes me nervous, but I've had some success lately.
But now, Amy, she'll make one up, serve it to her family
and it's a huge hit... she's fabulous like that.

Here's one of her very own that she's been serving to her family
for a while now. I finally got around to trying it out on my homies...
and guess what? It was a huge hit!

So, with Summer fast approaching, I just had to share it with y'all.

*Amy's Chicken Caesar Pita's*

Here's what you'll need...

1 grocery bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
Hearts of
Romaine, chopped
Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
Italian Cheeses, shredded
Caesar Dressing...
fat free is ok.
Croutons
Pita Bread, halved and toasted


Toss everything together, except the pita bread, in a bowl.
Stuff each pita and top with more cheese, dressing
and/or croutons if you'd like.

Serve to your family on a lazy weekend
for lunch, or on a busy weeknight for dinner,
with chips fruit and tea or lemonade.

Enjoy!

Thanks Amy!
Love ya forever!
rolo

1 comment:

Ms. Amy said...

I'm famous! :)

Love you!!

~Amy