Thursday, August 12, 2010

pork chops in a white wine onion cream sauce...

Oh heaven help me. I had dreams about this...
then I woke up, made it, took one bite and passed out.

And yes, I dream about food. Making it and eating it...
and passing out from it's goodness.


After I woke up, again... I did this.
This is the best part about this dish.
Then I passed out... again.

I'm kicking myself for not taking step-by-step photos...
but to be honest, I wasn't sure how this would turn
out, and didn't want to waste time pausing and clicking.
But because it was passing out good, and super easy to make,
I decided to share it with you.

You'll need...

2 to 4 pork chops... I used 3 thick cut boneless.
1 medium to large onion, sliced
4 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt...
Kosher is best
Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy cream

~Start by heating 2 tablespoon's of butter
and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a heavy skillet.
~Toss in the sliced onions, salt and pepper to taste,
and cook until caramelized.
~Remove from pan and set aside.
~Melt the remaining butter and olive oil.
~Add the pork chops, salt and pepper to taste
~Sear for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
~Turn heat down to medium-low.
~Pour in the chicken stock. Let simmer on low a couple of minutes.
~Add the wine and the cream. Stir and continue to simmer,
turning over the chops occasionally for about 5 minutes,
depending on the thickness of the pork chops.
~Add the onions back in.
~Serve immediately with veggies and fresh bread!
~Passing out is optional.


Now, go my friends... make this tonight.
Show the people some love.


'Cause up next, I'm gonna tell you about this guy.

Dreamer of food,
rolo

No comments: