Tuesday, October 28, 2008

bruschetta chicken bake...

I got this recipe from my Fall issue of Kraft Food & Family. I will say, although I love getting my quarterly issue of Kraft Food & Family, I was a little less than pleased with the recipes offered this go round... but I needed something quick, easy and here's the magic word these days, different for dinner last night. By the time dinnertime rolls around, this ol' 9 month pregnant body is pooped out and standing on my already swollen tootsies is less than appealing. So, needless to say we've been eating take-out a lot and I'm grossed out just sitting here thinking about it.

This recipe met my requirements and it tasted good. However, I thought (as well as JB) that it was a little on the dry side. So, if I happen to make it again I would add a can of tomato sauce or possibly a can of cream of chicken, or cream of mushroom soup to the chicken layer for moisture.


*Bruschetta Chicken Bake*

1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Chicken Stuffing Mix
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces... or like me, you could just pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery and pull the meat from the bone.
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup mozzarella cheese

~Heat oven to 400 degrees, Mix tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic just until moistened.
~Layer chicken, basil (I added the basil to the stuffing mix) and stuffing in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
~Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through... of if you use the meat from a rotisserie chicken bake until heated throughout and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
~Serve with a green salad.

xo
Ralonda

2 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I love bruschetta - never thought about adding chicken - great idea!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

This bruschetta sounds so good. You make itlook amazing. There's so much you can do to change this up depending on your mood.