Thursday, October 2, 2008

easy homemade italian meatballs...

Like I said the other day... I have a 12 year old that LOVES pasta with a red sauce. And because of this, I make some sort of pasta with a red sauce, it seems, at least twice a week.

Last night I decided to make my own meatballs and serve them a top old fashioned spaghetti and a tomato and basil sauce from a jar. Easy enough for a Wednesday night dinner... I even had extra time and energy left over to make brownies for dessert! Look at me go with my eight months pregnant self! I even took these pictures (yes, this was my plate and yes, it was cold by the time I ate it)... remember, I'm trying to get lots of practice in with my camera before the baby gets here.

Anyway, even though you probably have your own meatball recipe, I wanted to share mine with you. So, here it is...

Easy Homemade Italian Meatballs

1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tlbs. parsley flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tlbs. olive oil
2 Tlbs. butter

~In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the olive oil and the butter. Mix well... you may need to use your hands.

~Shape and roll into ping-pong size balls... or smaller.

~In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked thoroughly.

~Serve over plain ol' spaghetti or your favorite pasta and tomato sauce, a green salad and garlic bread. You can also make meatball subs... yum!

Enjoy!

xo
Ralonda

No comments: