I actually made my own pumpkin puree for these babies.
I actually made these the other day and was going to wrap each one up and share with my favorite people... but these days there's no sharing for this pregnant lady! Maybe I'll try the sharing thing again for Christmas. By then, the baby will be here and hopefully I'll give a hoot what is sticking to my thighs.
*Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Brown Sugar Crumble and a Cream Cheese Drizzle*
For the muffins...
~3 cups all purpose flour
~1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
~1/2 tsp. salt
~1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
~1 tsp. ground cinnamon
~1/2 cup butter, melted
~1/2 cup sugar
~1/2 brown sugar
~1 tsp. vanilla
~1/4 cup milk
~1/4 cup heavy cream
~1 cup pureed pumpkin
For the crumble...
~1/4 cup brown sugar
~2 tablespoon all purpose flour
~1/2 tsp. cinnamon
~1 tablespoon butter, melted
For the drizzle...
~1 cup powdered sugar
~2 ounces softened cream cheese
~dash of ground cinnamon
~splash of milk or cream, if needed... I used several "splashes"
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray regular muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, mix the butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk and cream. Add pumpkin puree. Do not overmix.
4. Divide batter evenly between the muffin tins, filling to the very top and a little over.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumble. Crumble on top ov each muffin batter. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack to cool sightly.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the glaze. Drizzle over the tops of the muffins.